Need an Occupational Therapy Driving Assessment Liverpool? Call us now on 0406541485!
We service Liverpool, NSW and conduct driving assessments for people with various medical conditions. Our Occupational Therapists (OT’s) are experienced, knowledgeable and friendly, and aim to make the assessment process as convenient as possible for you. Visit our website at www.modifieddriving.com.au for more information!
What we offer Occupational Therapy driving assessment clients in Liverpool
- Experienced staff trained in working with individuals with a wide range of medical diagnoses
- Various and flexible availability of staff
- Affordable pricing
- Short waiting lists
- Consultation with your doctor or other relevant health professionals
- We are registered with the NDIS
- RMS will be notified within 24hours of the completion of the assessment
What conditions do we work with?
We help clients who have sustained a variety of injuries or have been diagnosed with medical conditions to regain their driving independence. Our OTs have completed specialised training in this field, and our driving instructors are qualified to work with people with medical conditions. We work with people with:
- Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease
- Memory problems or other cognitive issues
- Parkinson’s disease
- Brain injury
- Various physical and spinal injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Intellectual disability
- Mental health conditions
What is an Occupational Therapy driving assessment?
When a person is diagnosed with a medical condition or suffers an injury that may impact on their ability to drive safely, the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) requires them to undergo an Occupational Therapy driving assessment. The Occupational Therapy driving assessment in Liverpool looks at whether the person’s medical condition or injury affects their driving, and determines if they are suitable to continue driving according to RMS standards. There are two main components of the assessment:
The Off-Road Test
The OT attends the client’s home and completes a cognitive, visual and physical screen with them. This aims to identify the likely areas that their medical condition affects their driving, and to also identify what vehicle modifications may be suitable. The client’s family may also be present.
The On-Road Test
The OT and Driving Instructor (trained in driver rehabilitation) drives around the client’s local area. The client uses the driving instructor’s car equipped with dual controls. The assessment focuses on how the person’s injury or medical diagnosis impacts on their capacity to drive safely.
After the assessment, the OT will speak with the client (and any family members/carers involved) about the assessment’s outcomes and the recommendations the OT will make following the testing. The RMS is then notified of the outcome within 24 business hours. Within a few weeks, the OT report will be sent to the client, treating doctor or referral source, and the RMS.
Why choose us?
- Our staff are experienced and have worked with people with a wide range of medical conditions
- Our staff treat everybody with respect and deliver a service that is catered to your unique situation
- We are motivated to help people get back to driving or obtaining their licence